The school is currently closed to all students other than the children of key workers and the most vulnerable.  We are updating our website regularly with information and advice to parents at this challenging time.

At school we are implementing a strict social distancing policy to protect staff and students.  Read more on what the government mean by social distancing by following this link

If you are a keyworker and need to access our school support and we do not already know you are sending your child to school please call the office on 01430 873450 before sending your child into school. Thankyou

Accessing the in school provision for children of key workers

The advice from the government has been clear in this, in that if you can have your child at home you should. The guidance on who constitutes a key worker is as follows:

Health and social care

This includes but is not limited to doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, care workers, and other frontline health and social care staff including volunteers; the support and specialist staff required to maintain the UK’s health and social care sector; those working as part of the health and social care supply chain, including producers and distributers of medicines and medical and personal protective equipment.

Education and childcare

This includes childcare, support and teaching staff, social workers and those specialist education professionals who must remain active during the COVID-19 response to deliver this approach.

Key public services

This includes those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, and journalists and broadcasters who are providing public service broadcasting.

Local and national government

This only includes those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the COVID-19 response, or delivering essential public services, such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies.

Food and other necessary goods

This includes those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods (for example hygienic and veterinary medicines).

Public safety and national security

This includes police and support staff, Ministry of Defence civilians, contractor and armed forces personnel (those critical to the delivery of key defence and national security outputs and essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic), fire and rescue service employees (including support staff), National Crime Agency staff, those maintaining border security, prison and probation staff and other national security roles, including those overseas.


This includes those who will keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response, including those working on transport systems through which supply chains pass.

Utilities, communication and financial services

This includes staff needed for essential financial services provision (including but not limited to workers in banks, building societies and financial market infrastructure), the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors (including sewerage), information technology and data infrastructure sector and primary industry supplies to continue during the COVID-19 response, as well as key staff working in the civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications (including but not limited to network operations, field engineering, call centre staff, IT and data infrastructure, 999 and 111 critical services), postal services and delivery, payments providers and waste disposal sectors.
If workers think they fall within the critical categories above, they should confirm with their employer that, based on their business continuity arrangements, their specific role is necessary for the continuation of this essential public service.

Click to enlarge


Accessing the in school provision for vulnerable children

To access this provision your child could have an EHCP, a Social Worker or be subject to a Child in Need plan.  This is only available if you have no alternative and it is considered that your child would be better off in school despite the added risk of Coronavirus that this will bring.

The current lockdown conditions are clear that if students can remain at home they should.

All our vulnerable students will receive weekly contact from a member of our staff who works with them in school.  They will be able to discuss and concerns you may have and this is how you would request in school provision.